How to Buy and Sell Domains on Shopify: A Complete Guidance
Use our guidance and discover how you can buy and sell domain names on Shopify. Buying and selling domains have never been easier.
Shopify Allows you to Manage Your Domain Easy & Simple
Shopify.com is an online platform where you can buy and sell domain names at an affordable price. This platform also allows you manage your own custom domain name thanks to the automated setup and configuration.
Why Every Business Needs a Custom Domain?
You will be surprised to hear how important is for you have a custom domain name. Even though establishing an online presence and choosing a domain is crucial, it is simply not enough. We live in a competitive world, where only memorable and unique domains can succeed. You need a custom name that is going to represent your business in the best way possible.
Here are 3 reasons why every business needs a custom domain:
- Establish You Brand and Company’s Reputation – A custom domain gives your company credibility and ensures your customers that your brand is here to stay.
- Rank Higher in Search Engines – Having a custom domain related to your industry, your brand, your company’s name, or to the products or services you are selling, can help you rank higher in search engines for similar keywords.
- Easy to Remember – A custom and unique domain makes it easier for your customers to remember you brand and find you online whenever you need them.
How to Buy Domains Though Shopify
If you don’t have a custom domain – then you should definitely purchase one through Shopify. This online platform offers transparent pricing with no surprise or hidden costs or fee. The custom domain name will be automatically set up for the buyers, and the buyer will keep the ownership of the domain, even if the buyer decide to leave Shopify.
All custom domains purchased through this platform are registered for 1 year and they can be renewed at the end of each year until you leave Shopify and cancel your domain. The custom domains bought through Shopify start at $13. The prices can vary, so make sure to check the price before you decide to buy an available domain.
Keep in mind that if you decide to purchase a custom domain through Shopify, the settings and the configuration will be managed automatically. Also, a custom domain bought through Shopify must be hosted through Shopify as well (for the first 60 days).
This platform doesn’t offer email accounts as part of their domain services. However, they offer unlimited email forwarding accounts for the custom domain.
In order to buy a custom domain through Shopify you need to:
- Go to the Online Store and click Domains
- Click Buy New Domain
- Enter the custom domain name you’d like to buy
- Pick the domain extension
- Click Check Availability and discover whether or not the domain name you want is available
- Agree to the Domain Registration Agreement
- Click Buy Domain to complete the procedure
Once you’ve purchased a domain name through Shopify, you will receive an email as a confirmation. It might take up to 48 hours to for the domain name to start working.
How to Sell Domains Through Shopify
In order to start selling domain names through Shopify, you need to create your store first. Creating a store is pretty simple. All you need to do is to enter your email address. So, start your free two-week trial and start selling domains through this specialized e-commerce platform.
A Final Word
Shopify is here to make the process of buying or selling domains lot easier. Try this e-commerce platform today and we can guarantee you that it will meet your needs and overcome your expectations.